- You are under 18
- You get Keloid scars
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have been on Accutane within 1 year of the procedure.
- Have HIV or Hepatitis or any other viral infections and/or diseases
- Undergoing Chemotherapy
- A Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Had an organ transplant
- Sick (cold, flu, ect. Will affect the healing process, please reschedule)
- You have irritation of the skin of any kind such as blemishes, pimples, rash, psoriosis, eczema, rosacea, sunburn on the area of procedure.
- You are on Retin-A or Retinols. Be off 7 days before appointment and avoid 30 days after
- You generally don’t heal well and develop infections easily.
- Do NOT DRINK ALCOHOL or CAFFEINE before the procedure (at least 24hrs for alcohol)
- Do NOT TAKE ADVIL or other blood thinners such a Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen unless medically necessary, 48-72 hrs prior to your procedure. Extra strength Tylenol can be taken if you have low pain tolerance.
- If you have recently tanned this will affect the outcome of the healed colour.
- If you’ve had laser removal of previous work done by someone else, the treated area has now more scar tissue and can affect the outcome of the result. More treatments may be necessary to have the skin take the colour.
- Botox should be done 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid exercising the day of procedure as this will open up the pores.
- Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- No waxing or tinting 3 days beforeIt usually takes 2 appointments for desired results. The first appointment is about structure, design, and building hairstrokes. the touchup is about seeing how the skin heals and retains pigment, as well as making any necessary adjustments to achieve better symmetry and volume.Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. Over the next 2 days it will appear even darker and thicker as scabs begin to form. Let the scabs naturally flake off bit by bit. It will take up to 14 days for scabbing to be over.
You may NOT get the area wet(for a long period of time) or apply any kind of products (except for ointment) for at least 10 days after.
NO makeup on the area for 2 weeks.
Post – Care
What Is To Be Avoided
Must avoid during all 7 days post-microblading procedure
- All make up (foundation) in the eyebrow area.
- Avoid workouts that involve a lot of sweating, sauna, facial massage and steaming (inhalation)
- Sun tanning or salon tanning
- Picking, peeling, or sratching of the microbladed area to avoid scarring and removal of the pigment
- Drinking alcohol in excess (may lead to slow healing)
- Driving in open air vehicles
- Touching of the microbladed area (except for when rinsing and applying post care cream with cotton swab)
- Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post-microblading procedure. DO NO pick at the flakes – follow the aftercare carefully and these symptoms will disappear quickly
- Initially, your brows may seem to be too red and too large. Don’t be alarmed. We have just worked the skin and it is natural for it to be red and swollen. It will calm down in a day or two.
- The pigment will appear very sharp and dark immediately after the procedure. This is because the pigment is still sitting on top of your skin, and has not settled in completely. The color of the pigment will soften gradually.
- The scabbing process will also make the bros appear dark. Stay calm, all of this will lighten within a week.
- The color will eventually be 40%-50% lighter.
- Once the healing of the skin starts taking place, it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the color pigment is fading too quickly, however, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows.
- Some strokes will disappear and re-appear in 2 or 3 weeks. Not all strokes will remain. It is perfectly natural to lose between 10-15% of your strokes, they will get replaced at the touch up session.
- You may feel some itching, please try to resist. If you find yourself unable to resist itching, you may apply some Bactine to the area for relief.
- Once all scabbing has naturally fallen off and skin is healed, you may apply vitamin E oil to the brow a few times a day, until it is time for your touch up session.
- Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle